The Single Best Cure as Seen on T.V.

Thursday 11 July 2013

Angular Cheilitis or Perleche

A Quick but Definitive Guide to Angular Cheilitis or Perleche


Every important thing you need to know about angular cheilitis is included in this quick but definitive guide. If you or anyone you know is suffering from this frustrating skin condition, the first step in getting rid of the problem permanently is learning more about it.

Definition

Angular cheilitis refers to a chronic inflammatory condition of the skin that affects the labial commissures or the mouth corners. Apart from the French term “perleche,” it is also called by several other names such as cheilosis, angular stomatitis, and mouth corner cracks.

Causes

Any (or a combination) of the following can trigger the onset of this skin problem:
  • Accumulation of saliva in the corners of the mouth
  • Dry chapped lips
  • Bacteria, yeasts, fungi or virus
  • Skin conditions like contact dermatitis
  • Habits that cause saliva accumulation or spread of bacteria or fungi (thumb-sucking, fingernail biting, use of pacifier and so on)
  • Medical conditions that weaken the immune system
  • Poor-fitting dentures
  • Cold weather that causes skin dryness and chapping
Risk factors

Here’s a brief look at the top predisposing factors that put people at risk of angular cheilitis:
  • Oral thrush in babies, elderly, diabetics, or people who use antibiotics
  • Dentures
  • Malnutrition (iron or riboflavin deficiency)
  • Systemic ailments like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
  • Sensitive skin
  • Genetic predisposition
Signs and symptoms

Angular cheilitis’ manifestations include the following:
  • Cracks, splits and fissures on the corners of the mouth
  • Pain, swelling, itchiness and bleeding in the affected areas
  • Blisters, erosions and crusting
Investigation

To diagnose angular cheilitis, a doctor will perform a culture test by taking a swab from the mouth corners. This will reveal the existence of microorganisms like Candida albicans and Staphylococcus aureus.

Treatment

The good news is, angular cheilitis can possibly go away on its own without treatment. But of course, since the symptoms are often painful and bothersome, you’d want to do something about it instead of just wait. These treatment methods have been proven effective in curbing this skin problem:
It’s also a must to get to the bottom of the problem and eliminate it. For example, if your angular cheilitis is caused by poor-fitting dentures, then you need to have that fixed. Even if you use anti-fungal or antibacterial medications over and over, the problem will recur if you don’t do something about the root cause of your mouth cracks.

4 comments:

  1. Greetings to the general public, Am Mike Amos i want to inform the public how i was cured of HERPES Simplex Virus by a Doctor called Ero. i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Doctor Ero cured them. I Was scared because i never believed in the Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i was having no hope of been cured of HERPES so i decided to contact him on his email that was listed on the comment (dreroherbaltreatment@gmail.com ) i searched his email on net and i saw a lot of people testifying about his goodness. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem, my HERPES result came out negative. I pray for you Dr Ero God will give you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being a sincere and great men. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any problem Email: dreroherbaltreatment@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am really grateful and thankful for what Dr. Ekpiku has done for me and my family. I Was having herpes virus for good four years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and because I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he cured me of my diseases and am so happy today and am pleased to Write about him today. if you need his help or you also want to get cured just the way I got mine, just email him below ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com or ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com or Whats app; +2348073673757 and get your healing. He has cure for other deadly diseases like Diabetes, Herpes, Hepatitis of all types and Cancer. Thank You Dr Ekpiku and text me for further information +1 (650) 319-6239.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with. He cure tthe following diseases below...1. Herpes 2. cancer 3. HIV / AIDS 4. hepatitis 5. Bring my ex back 6. Leprosy 7. SARS 8. Bubonic plague
    9. Cerebrovascular disease 10. Lower respiratory infections 11. Syphilis 12. Influenza A-H1N1 (swine flu) 13.Ischemic heart disease 14. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 15. Whooping cough 16. Perinatal complications 17. diarrhea 18 .. lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are reading this and you are suffering from HSV or any other disease or you want to fix your broken marriage/relationship or maybe get back with your Ex husband, Ex wife, Boyfriend or girlfriend.. thanks to__________________ [Robinson.buckler@] yahoo. com

    1 Get your Ex back ( Marriage problem solution)
    2 diabetes cure
    3 ringing ear
    4 herpes cure
    5 Fibroid cure
    6 HPV cure
    7 Hiv
    8 Cancer
    9 pregnancy herbal medicine
    10 prostate enlargement
    11 Hepatitis B

    ReplyDelete